Monday, September 26, 2005

Damn Leftists Running Our Universities

And brainwashing the children with their liberal ideology! Here's yet another article by James Piereson espousing this unbelievable idea that somehow my professors and educators are indoctrinating me with "leftist beliefs" and it makes me want to scream. I am currently in college so I feel that I can shed some light on this absurd claim.

This is the line that really irks me, "unlike professors in the past, moreover, many contemporary teachers believe it is their duty to incorporate their political views into classroom instruction." Every political science teacher and humanities instructor that I have had stated plainly that their goal is to teach in an apolitical manor. While sometimes the teachers reveal their true feelings about any given issue, students are more than encouraged to debate any contentious point.

I grow sick of even mentioning the supposed liberal bias inherent in all of our universities. If the professors were so effective at re-educating their students to become Democrats then why have the we fared so poorly at election time in the past 30 years? You would think that 30 years would be long enough for the professors to churn out enough liberals to tip elections in our favor.