Friday, December 30, 2005

Ads for Colleges

During this football season. Everyone's seen em. Smiling youngsters, pursuing grand academic goals, hardly the college experience that I am experiencing. True college commercials would have me lying (laying?) on my couch on a Saturday afternoon with empty cans of Special Reserve Light thrown haphazardly around the apartment, along with empty quarter-pounder McDonald's wrappers from last nights 1:30 food run that I don't really remember. School work? Blah.

Best commercial- I confess that I haven't actually viewed it, but what the hell.
Bait the Ivy League: "Two years ago, the University of Alabama won another national championship, with more USA Today Academic All-Americans than any other school. Harvard was second," beams the SEC school's promotional spot. "Now the 2005 results are in, finding the University of Alabama again leading the nation. Do I hear dynasty?" When questioned about the budding academic rivalry, a Harvard spokesperson told me, "There is no response available."

hehe.