Saturday, December 17, 2005

Movie

Just came back from seeing Syriana, a fascinating and very well made movie, with the same style as Traffic. Unfortunately I missed the first 20 minutes of it because my roommates and myself got lost and couldn't find the movie theatre, and then had to sit next to an extremely large man who kept slurping his soda, nudging my arm, and making weird gurgling noises, so the movie experience wasn't quite up to par.

Has the standard story line of mega corporations running the world and politicians are always slaves big business, but it is presented in a very artful and thought-provoking manor (and I admit, tempting to believe with all the Abramoff scandals coming to light).

I would argue a bit with Syriana's portrayal of the current geo-political and economic realities, but the film delivers an impressive view of the world politics, and is well worth seeing.