Monday, December 19, 2005

Oh Hell

Sitting here waiting for my roommate to finish his PS2 NCAA football game so I can play mine, a few things I have come across.

An ambivalent article in the Boston Globe concerning the accuracy and worth of Wikipedia. I use it everyday and it is a valuable source of wealth and knowledge, and it's as accurate as "official" encyclopedias.

Lots of Catholics on the SCOTUS, five if Alito is confirmed. As a good born and bred Catholic boy it brings warm fuzzies to my heart. Slate looks at why we are so well liked.

British biologist, Richard Dawkins talks about evolution and religion (he's an atheist). A snippet:
They [atheism and belief in human evolution] clearly can’t be irrevocably linked because a very large number of theologians believe in evolution. In fact, any respectable theologian of the Catholic or Anglican or any other sensible church believes in evolution. Similarly, a very large number of evolutionary scientists are also religious. My personal feeling is that understanding evolution led me to atheism.
Some more on Dawkins and his critics.

As much as Democrats hate DeLay and his gerrymandering of Texas, we shouldn't do anything about it argues Law prof Richard Hansen.

Gotta love the Repubs adding ANWR drilling proposal onto a bill assigning funds for military spending. Vote for the bill and allow drilling in ANWR, vote against and be accused of being "anti-military." Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The bill's not going to get passed.

Well my roomie's done playing his game, off to play some football.