Monday, December 19, 2005

Things That I Noticed

Before I go off to study for my Arabic final.

Sullivan's take on the WoC.

Some of my slightly left of the center compatriots just plain don't like any aspect of Bush's speech, some do. I personally look at any acknowledgement that things might not being going so well in Iraq as a step in the right direction, with many many many more to go.

One step forward for Bush, means he has to take 10 steps backwards with his statement saying US spying program on its own citizens without judicial oversight is essential and legal. Only one problem, the president doesn't have to spy illegally, he can just get a legal court order specifically created to assist in the capture of American born terrorists and accomplices, and it's not like they are hard to get.

Man of much ignorance calls for a criminal investigation into the leak of classified info to the NY Times because the idea that some people might not like the government illegally spying on people is just un American.

Onwards and outwards I proceed.